Tarbiyah definition (education) by ishtilah are: to foster or create a Moeslems and a good moral perfect of all the different aspects, both from the aspect of health, intellect, faith, spirit beliefs and management.
The real meaning of education or tarbiyah is like the workings of a farmer who tried to remove thorns and pulled out wild plants that are among the plants so that crops can be grown to perfection and gives good results.
Meaning: Read the name of your Lord who created, which has created man from a clot, Read with the name of your Lord the Most Noble, who has taught with the pen, which has taught man what he did not know.
Reading, psychologically containing the charge; higher mental processes, the process of recognition (cognition), memory (memory), observation (perception), pronunciation (verbalization), thinking (reasoning), creativity (creativity) and of course psychological processes.
Sociologically, it also contains the charge read: the process that connects the feelings, thoughts and behavior with others. Reading is also a communications system (Communication system) which is absolutely necessary realization of the social system. Furthermore, the use of language (written and read) is a warehouse to store the values of a culture that is transferred from one generation to the next.
2. That science and men of knowledge are highly valued in Islam. Islamic appreciation of science is not only embodied in the teachings but also evident in history, especially classical history of Islam. In the Qur'an says that believers are knowledgeable dilemma ¬ bihkan degree (Q/58: 11). They were also given the title ulu al Albab, Nuha's ulu, ulu al Abshar, and zi Hijr. (Q/39: 9, Q/59: 2, Q/20: 54).
3. Choosing a science than an asset is the right decision and profitable, both morally and materially. When Solomon offered Allah to choose science, wealth or power, Solomon chose science, and with the knowledge he then acquire wealth and power. Ali ibn Abi Talib once said that science can take care of you, while the treasure, thou must guard it. Property if given to someone else then that property can be reduced, but the sciences are increasingly being given to people precisely increasing.
4. The struggle in the way of science (as a student, teacher or facilitator) will facilitate the path to heavenly bliss. it's mean Whoever chose the path of science, God will ease the way for him to heaven. (H. R. Turmuzi)
5. Accountability on how far science is practice it. it's mean Science without charities like the fruitless tree. or can be understood that later in the afterlife, human beings can do little sbelum mempertangungjawabkan four things, (1) about his age, to do anything, (2) of the mudanyya to prepare anything, (3) about their knowledge, how far he practice it, and ( 4) about the property, from which he obtained and to what property it is used. (Hadith)
6. People 'alim who did not apply their knowledge, moral sin is greater than the unbelievers (who does not have knowledge). Meaning: The 'alim who did not apply their knowledge, will be tortured first (in the Hereafter) before the torment for pagans (Zubad).
7. Education must be oriented to the future, to meet and anticipate future developments. means: Educate your children swimming and archery, it's actually your children will live in a time that is not your days. (Ali ibn Abi Talib)
8. In accordance with their respective capacities, each person is given an appropriate opportunity to be involved in the field of science: Meaning: Be ye (1) clever (and teaching), if it can not then be (2) students, if not then be (3) a good listener, if mendengarpun not have time, be (4) people who love science, and would occasionally not be the one to five (not smart, not willing to learn, not listen and do not like science).
9. If you want to pursue a science, choose a science that is useful, relevant to the benefit of life, must not science, the apostle had prayed. it's mean we pray to Allah, for seek refuge in Thee from the knowledge that is not useful, and from the heart that are not khusyu ', and of the passions that would not satiated and from the prayer was granted. (H. R. Ahmad in Musnadnya)
10. Science is a long-term investment. Meaning: If a man die so putuslah their productivity, except for three things, (1) charity, (2) science is taken advantage by others, and (3) children who always pray for godly parents. (H. R. Bukhari)
11. There are two sources of knowledge, that is from God Almighty, through revelation, inspiration and intuition, and science diproduk by human reason.
12. No matter how smart a person, he should not brag, because surely there are others who surpass them, and only Allah the Most Knowing.
13. According to Imam Ghazali, there are three categories of scholars, namely proof, Hajjaj and mahjuj. Scholars in the capacity of proof is a pious person, wara ', ascetic and religious priority than others. Hajjaj more than that, able to defend religion from outside attacks, and mahjuj is pious scholars, but its nature is not noble because he is more like life than the glory ukhrawi world.
14. Of the three circles of education, household, school and community environment, education is the main foundation of the house, although schools and society is also a big influence. Therefore the example and the example of parents to their children in a big house once his part in the formation of generations.
15. Science should be learned from any source appropriate to the field. Do not learn why a Muslim mathematicians to Christians, martial jar of technology to the Jews, learn to hunt for the primitive.
Meaning: Take wisdom from wherever it out.
Meaning: Wisdom is like a believer lost possessions, which can be found anywhere, by anyone.
16. Go go abroad in search of knowledge is seen very positively in the development of self and insights. Meaning: Seek knowledge, even far into neegri China. Meaning: Merantaulah, you will certainly find a replacement of those you leave behind. Payahlah gone to, because the joy of life is precisely sesungguhnyya was in difficulties. (Imam Shafi'i)
17. Way of life that would really help blessings of science, while the wrong path will eliminate the blessing of science.
Meaning: I've complained to the clerics Waki 'about learning difficulties, then my teacher advised me to stay away from immoral acts. He also taught me that light ilahiyyah not be given to the expert immoral. (Imam Shafi'i)
18. That the obligation to learn it is not limited by age, therefore home life does not preclude the necessity studying, or marriage and learn to be consistent, should not be contested. The principle of education in Islam is a life-long education, life long education it's mean Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave.